|Real Name||Mason Murray|
|Base of Operations||Sydney, Australia|
|Occupation||Full time criminal|
|Education||High school graduate|
|Unusual Features||2 additional arms|
|Place of Birth||Sydney, New South Wales, Australia|
Background & History
Mason Murray was a lowlife criminal muscle for hire who was sentenced to life in military prison for multiple counts of aggravated aussault and killing a police officer.
After the success with Riley "Red" Reddington (aka „Redback“), the Australian army wanted to replicate the procedure that gave him his superpowers and recruited another prison inmate for the same genetic treatment based on Dr. Hayden Creed‘s Xenogene studies - only this time they used a Sydney funnel-web spider (Atrax robustus) as the gene donor.
The result was - as expected - an even stronger and more powerful superhuman, but they didn‘t thought of the possibility, that this testperson would not be as controllable as Redback. Without missing a beat, Mason Murray used his new powers to escape the prison and made his way back to Sidney, where a chance encounter with other superpowered criminals inspired him to use his new powers for profit and become both an assassin for hire and a constant thorn in the side of his arch-enemy Redback.
Personality & Character Traits
Powers & Abilities
Mason Murray possesses the proportionate superhuman abilities and traits of a spider as a result of genetic manipulations and other scientific experiments under state supervision.
- several additional limbs - including 2 human arms and a pair of spider-like appendages growing from his back, which he had cybernetically reenforced to make them strong and dense enough to pierce thick steel plates and transport his organically produced, highly lethal poison that acts directly on the nervous system of humans and thus instantly kills them..
- superhuman strength and stamina
- enhanced speed and agility
- heightened reflexes
- abilty to stick to and crawl across virtually any surface
- can rip a wall down just by tugging at it hard enough with his palms
- "Experienced" in several criminial fields such as enforcment, blackmail, armed robbery, breaking and entering, drug trafficking, and generally racketeering of all sorts
Notes / Trivia
Defining the term "most venomous" as the most toxic to humans (as some venomous spider species show varying degrees of toxicity to different animal species envenomed by them), the world's most venomous spider is the male Sydney funnel-web spider Atrax robustus....