|Real Name||David Dae Choi|
|Realatives:||Miga Choi (mother), Taehyung Choi (father, deceased), Danbi Choi (sister), Jamie Choi (brother), "Mr. Blue" (fiancé)|
|Affiliation||Choi Industries, Workshop Unlimited, ...|
|Base of Operations||Manhattan, New York; Workshop HQ, New Jersey|
|Occupation||CEO of Choi Industries, Mechanical Engineer, inventor, adventurer, vigilante, industrialist, founder of Workshop Unlimited,|
|Education||MIT (Massachusetts Institute of Technology), multiple PhDs in physics, mechanical engineering and electrical engineering; extensively self-educated|
|Height||5'9" (1,75 m)|
|Weight||187 lbs (85 kg)|
|Origin||"Man-made" (Technologically augmented Human)|
|Place of Birth||Koreatown (Midtown Manhattan), New York City, New York|
Sometimes I regret having learned how to run before I could walk.
Background & History
David Choi is a Korean-American born and raised in Koreatown (K-Town) in Midtown Manhattan, New York City. His parents Miga and Taehyung Choi emigrated from South Korea before he was born and when David showed his remarkable intelligence, they both supported their genius son and helped him becoming highly cultured and increasing the already incredibly knowledge he had learned by himself.
David started college at the age of 11, graduated at 14 and got accepted into MIT (Massachusetts Institute of Technology), where he received his first Ph.D. at the age of 16 and later even multiple more PhDs in physics, mechanical engineering and electrical engineering.
At age 18 he founded his first technological design and manufacturing company, Choi Enterprises, based in his parents basement and after a few groundbreaking innovations Choi Enterprises quickly became a highly successful and innovative company.
Continuing to aggressively develop new technologies and innovations, Choi Enterprises soon became a major contractor for both corporate and government concerns and a publicly traded company, now under the name Choi Industries, with David as 80% shareholder.
On December 21, 2012 Choi had just picked up his father Taehyung for a quick lunch together and was on the Lower East Side, when suddenly a wormhole opened above the Central Park and a huge alien spaceshop emerged from it, immediately opening heavy fire on the whole area.
One of the missiles hit a building nearby and buried David and his father in their car under tons of debris. Both men were gravely injured and fighting for their lives while waiting for help to come, but after 19 hours Taehyung succumbed to his fatal wounds and David realized that with the chaos going outside, nobody would come to rescue him and he would have to help himself if he wanted to survive.
Personality & Character Traits
When he first became a successful businessman, David had no sense of humility and always rubbed his fame and wealth in the faces of everyone he knew - including his family. But when he was trapped in his wrecked car with his dying father this all changed. After recovering from his injuries that left him paraplegic, he built his first Blacksmith armor and helped fighting the alien invaders who caused his suffering. Realizing what kind of person he really wanted to be, he voed to take responsibility and engaged in a life of heroism to atone for his past mistakes.
David is pansexual and in a stable long-time relationship with "Mr. Blue", an extraterrestrial refugee from a lost alien world.
Powers & Abilities
- Super-Genius Intelligence: David Choi is one of the 10 smartest beings in the world and has a keen scientific mind combined with an eidetic memory. His mind ist able to perform complex mental operations beyond those of a normal human mind and in addition to his academic education in physics and technology, he has a vast, well studied understanding of a variety of other scientific fields and impresses people with his extensive knowledge of medical procedures and human anatomy as well as his ability to recall complex mathematical or chemical formula with little to no research.
- Enhanced Inventing: His greatest ability however is his inventiveness that allows him to invent and/or fix almost any scientifically complex machinery, electronics, devices, gadgetry or weaponry.
- Computer Operation: As with many things, David has unrivaled knowledge of computers and everything connected to them. This makes him one of the most efficient users of computers worldwide and an expert computer hacker who is able to breach the highest security systems.
- Multilingual: David is fluent in several languages including English, German, French, Latin, Italian, Spanish, Korean, Japanese, Mandarin, Arabic, and Russian.
- Master Businessman: Thanks to his intellect, he possess incredible skills in running his businesses and companies and always making the right choice when it comes to advancing said business and predicting sources of monetary crises.
- Master Tactician:him a brilliant tactician capable of quickly coming up with plans/actions in difficult situations and formulating new battle strategies if the situation changes in order to defeat his enemies and guarantee his victory.
- Restricted Mobility: David Choi was paralyzed from the waist down during the Armageddon War and uses a wheelchair.
- Low threshold for frustration: Can get impatient and/or annoyed quickly with those who aren't on the same intellectual level as he is.
- Hubris: Can unwittingly become arrogant and overconfident and often fails to think twice about if he really should really do something just because he is able to do it.
- Force Field Projector: While in his wheelchair, he uses a personal force field that protects him from physical harm as long as its charge holds.
- Armored suit: Blacksmith's wears a suit of cutting-edge technology body armor containing various sophisticated offensive and defensive weapon systems. The pliable, yet amazingly highly resilient armor is composed of a highly complex matrix of molecularly-aligned fully crystallized hybrid alloy consisting of ultra high carbon iron, tungsten/vanadium, titanium, and a yet unknown alien metal, over a suit of a neurokinetic user-controlled "liquid skin" - morphologic nanoparticle bundles that can be commanded to form any type of structure, from weaponry to clothing.
- An armor for every occasion: Aside from his current, favorite model, the "Mark X-51", he has developed a number of other, mission-specific, suits and some prototypes for testing. These and the older models are kept in a vault at an undisclosed location for security reasond and as a backup. As a genius-level inventor and head of a globally operation corporation, Choi can also procure and/or develop additional technology as needed.
- Most of his armor is powered by a on-board generator that uses cosmic particle and solar energy absorption in combination with electrical batteries as fuel source, but is also able to absorb and convert any solar, electrical, geo-thermal, heat, magnetic or kinetic energy into electricity and recharge his batteries with the drained energy.
- Onboard Computer: The armor has an internal on board computer operating system that aids Stark in providing strategies, background information on opponents, surroundings, the status of the suit, and prevents a lock on from targeting systems.
- Self-Contained Life-Support System & Environmental Protection: The armor can provide its own life support and shield its wearer against any biological, chemical, radiation, corrosive, electrical or kinetic attack. For operations in vacuum or underwater, it can be completely sealed.
- Flight: The "Mark X-51" suit can reach speeds in excess of Mach 10, while the Moonlander armor ("ML-1") is able to reach orbital escape velocities (5 miles per second).
- Superhuman Speed: The "Mark X-51" suitenables the wearer to move and react at very high speeds.
- Superhuman Strength: Blacksmith' exact strength heavily depends on which armor he is currently wearing, but in his "Mark X-51" suit, he is capable of lifting up to 100 tons and can achieve higher levels of strength when powered by a sufficiently more powerful source. Using his jet boots f.i., he can achieve enough power to lift a load of about 500 tons.
- (Anti-)Magnetism: The armor can pull or push metal objects by generating magnetic fields and simultaneously negate the effects of magnetism on itself.