Identity and Affiliations
|Official Name||Spider Security|
|Current Alias||Spider Army|
|Base of Operations:||Classified|
|Allies||The W.E.B. Foundation|
after the "Harvesting"
The Spider Army
Background & History
Officially, the "Spider Army" is a private military company that provides security services to governments, corporations and private individuals on a contractual basis and employs operatives, known as "Spiderlings" for security work through personnel from the best militaries throughout the world for worldwide deployment.
In reality, the "Spider Army" is the strike and task force of the covert network "The W.E.B." and provides paramilitary support for larger deployments and in critical situations. Their operatives are equipped with military-type hardware and are trained to deploy against threats of terrorism, for crowd control, hostage taking and situations that need specialized or military equipment and tactics.
They are often deployed to assist the freelance (spider-themed) agents of the W.E.B. around the world with defending the interests of the weak and vulnerable people in both allied and hostile nations in high-risk missions against rogue corporations, private individuals, political entities/personalities and even whole governments that are beyond the capabilities of a single superhero.
Deployment / operational area
The tasks of individual special units depend on which areas of the organization they are directly subordinated to and which region they have to cover. Sitiuations areas of responsibility include:
- clandestine missions and direct action
- rescue missions involving hostages and citizens captured or endangered by gunfire
- counterterrorist and national intervention operations
- raids and searches where resistance is expected
- personal protection / witness protection
- sniper missions and other situations where armed resistance is expected
- apprehension of armed and barricaded suspects
Various military equipment and hardware including: kevlar body armor, jetpacks, teleporter, psi-blocker, Battle Armor, Web-Shooters, and much more.
- Spiderlings use equipment designed for a variety of specialist situations including close-quarters combat (CQC) in an urban environment. The particular pieces of equipment vary from unit to unit, but there are some consistent trends in what they wear and use. Much of their equipment is indistinguishable from that supplied to the military, not least because much of it is military surplus.
- Spiderling units are often equipped with automatic and specialized firearms, including submachine guns, assault rifles, riot shotguns, sniper rifles, riot guns, riot control agents, smoke, and stun grenades. In addition, they may use specialized equipment including heavy body armor, ballistic shields, entry tools, armored vehicles, thermal and night vision devices, and motion detectors for covertly determining the positions of hostages or hostage takers, inside enclosed structures.
Plasma pistols, needle pistols, various conventional and unconventional firearms.TRANSPORTATION
Various flying vehicles, conventional automobiles, boats and aircraft