|Real Name||Pierre Laroche|
|Other Aliases||Professor Pascal Laurent,
Doctor Patric Leclair, Phillippe Lefévre, Pual Linville, uvm.
|Base of Operations||Paris, France|
|Occupation||Alchemist, magician, adventurer, scientist, would-be onqueror; former professor of physics and chemistry|
|Education||Ph.D.s in physics, chemistry and two other fields. Undergraduate studies were conducted at Sorbonne University, where he graduated with honors. Self-taught knowledge of the mystic arts of alchemy|
|Height||6'3" (1,91 m)|
|Weight||190 lbs (86 kg)|
|Unusual Features||looks like a young man in his 20s while actually being 75 years old|
|Origin||"Man-made" (Supernatural & Technologically augmented Human)|
|Place of Birth||Paris, France|
Background & History
At an age of 75 years, Pierre Laroche was still a prestigious professor of physics and chemistry at the Sorbonne in Paris, where he one day discovered on one of his daily strolls through the stately old pile an ancient alchemy lab in the catacombs under the university.
From manuscripts found there, he gathered that the laboratory once belonged to the infamous alchemist and Illuminati Alessandro Count of Cagliostro, who 1785 stayed in Paris and undertook trials with artifacts here, which were said to possess magical properties. In one of these manuscripts Cagliostro claimed he actually managed to isolate the source of magic itself and to make it useable at his pleasure.
Knowing that Cagliostro was a notorious conman in his time and his statements regarding the alchemy were to enjoy with caution, Professor Laroche held his discovery secret and took the documents home with him, where he studied them closely in the following days thereby discovering several alchemical formulas that looked quite promising.
Finally, driven by curiosity, he tried one of these formulas and concocted a brew in his private laboratory that, according to Cagliostro, should give a person eternal youth and control over magical energies - a prospect that seemed very tempting to the professors due to his age and infirmity. Following the motto "nothing to lose" Laroche drank the concoction and collapsed shortly afterwards in great pain until he finally lost consciousness.
When he woke up the next day and looked in the mirror, the shock hit him because the sight of a young man in it. In the days following he realized that he, in addition to his regained youth, seemingly possessed the ability to use electrical devices like his toaster or his coffeemaker without electricity.
Pretending to be his own illegitimate son from a shortlived affair with a student, whom he had signed over his entire fortune, Laroche sank into obscurity and went on a secret trip around the world looking for documents and artifacts about alchemy. Within a few years Laroche was the greatest living authority in the world on the subject of alchemy, having discovered or invented countless potions with strange properties.
Over time he became arrogant and began to use his knowledge for personal profit. He eventually became the supervillain "Technomancer" who amplifies his latent magical abilities through the use of technical equipment.
Personality & Character Traits
Over time Pierre became arrogant and began to use his knowledge for personal profit. He eventually became the supervillain "Technomancer" who amplifies his latent magical abilities through the use of technical equipment.
Powers & Abilities
- Halted Aging: Due to his use of alchemy potions, Technomancer does not age and is even "immortal".
- Resilience: He also has a greater stamina than could be expected.
- Genius Intellect: He has a genius intelligence and is member of the High IQ Society "Mensa"
- Multilingualism: Fluent in French, English, Spanish, Portuguese, German, Mandarain and Japanese languages
- Elemental & Molecular Transmutation: transforming base materials into purer (lead or iron into silver or gold), making permanent changes on the state of matter (making glass malleable or durable)
- Elemental Manipulation: Earth, Air, Water and Fire, but also Electricity and other elements. He can create objects from nothing, transform an object from one state to another (water to ice), and animate inanimate matter.
- Life-Force Manipulation: Immortality, Healing and even creating life and clones/homunculi. He can also affect his own body and change his appearance to look like a different person and control other people with nervous or hypnotic gas.
- Technology Creation & Manipulation: can create, shape, and manipulate technological constructs of various kinds like weapons, armors, structures, devices, drones, vehicles, robots, aircrafts, spacecrafts, as well as computers, robots, hardware, and other devices
- Omnifabrication: can create or invent any item, device, weapon or construct with any properties/effects that can even manipulate/distort reality
- Techno-Spell Casting: can create/replicate technological effects like Energy Blasts, Force Fields, etc.
- Techno-Magic Enhancements: has an enchanted high-tech exoskeleton/armor that auto-upgrades once new technology becomes available and has several built-in enhanced weapons with supernatural effects
- Electronic Communication: can intercept, generate, and interpret electronic, digital, and radio transmissions
- Targeting: correct the trajectory of projectiles to always hit their targets.
- Weapon Proficiency: automatic mastery of the weapons
- Limitation Transcendence: overcome the limitations of technology and magic
- Universal Panacea (The Elixir of Life): A substance which when consumed brings Immortality: eternal life, eternal youth; and health.
- Philosopher's Stone: A substance able to turn base metals into gold or silver, usually by means of the application and distillation of another substance; also sometimes claimed to give immortality.
- Technomancer always carries an arsenal of alchemy potions and pills he discovered or invented, in the hidden pockets of his suit.
Equivalent Exchange - The basic law of Alchemy of which nothing is gained without something of equal value being lost.