|Affiliation||Spider Army, The W.E.B.|
|Base of Operations||Classified|
|Origin||Mostly technically enhanced
Background & History
The "Spiderlings" are the operatives of a private military company known as the "Spider Army" that officially provides security services to governments, corporations and private individuals on a contractual basis but is in reality the strike and task force of the covert network "The W.E.B." which provides paramilitary support for larger deployments and in critical situations.
The Spiderlings are recruited from the best militaries and pollice forces throughout the world, equipped with military-type hardware, and trained to deploy against threats of terrorism, for crowd control, hostage taking and situations that need specialized or military equipment and tactics.They are often deployed to assist the freelance (spider-themed) agents of the W.E.B. around the world with defending the interests of the weak and vulnerable people in both allied and hostile nations in high-risk missions against rogue corporations, private individuals, political entities/personalities and even whole governments that are beyond the capabilities of a single superhero.
SKILL REQUIREMENTSSpiderlings must have:
- great critical thinking and interpersonal communication abilities
- excellent physical fitness, stamina and marksmanship
- empathy and emotional stability to deal with unpleasant and dangerous situations
- specialized weapons, tactics and fitness training
- military or intelligence background
- Spiderlings use equipment designed for a variety of specialist situations including close-quarters combat (CQC) in an urban environment. The particular pieces of equipment vary from unit to unit, but there are some consistent trends in what they wear and use. Much of their equipment is indistinguishable from that supplied to the military, not least because much of it is military surplus.
- Spiderling units are often equipped with automatic and specialized firearms, including submachine guns, assault rifles, riot shotguns, sniper rifles, riot guns, riot control agents, smoke, and stun grenades. In addition, they may use specialized equipment including heavy body armor, ballistic shields, entry tools, armored vehicles, thermal and night vision devices, and motion detectors for covertly determining the positions of hostages or hostage takers, inside enclosed structures.